It’s my favorite time of year – my annual healthy cookbook roundup! And with Black Friday right around the corner, it’s time to start shopping! Whether you are looking for the perfect holiday gift for that special someone or simply seeking inspiration to impress your guests this season, I’ve done the research for you and identified the best healthy cookbooks of 2016!
This year, my roundup just happens to highlight some of the amazing published work from many talented healthy food bloggers in the blogosphere! Loaded with delicious superfood recipes and stunning food photography, these cookbooks are some of my favorites.
Already have all of these cookbooks? Impressive. Check out our best healthy cookbook lists of 2015, 2014 and 2013 for more ideas!
- Chickpea Flour Does It All by Linsday Love – Lindsay, of Dolly and Oatmeal, has created an entire book of gluten-free and dairy-free recipes dedicated to chickpea flour! While some of the recipes may be a little more involved than your “everyday” recipe, the cookbook offers a variety of creative, seasonal recipes for every month of the year.
- Clean Cakes by Henrietta Inman – If you enjoy experimenting with new and alternative healthy ingredients, this is the cookbook for you. It provides a wealth of gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free cakes, muffins, loaves, raw desserts and scrumptious tarts and pies, with distinctive flavor combinations and original twists on established classics.
- Cravings: Recipes for All the Food you Want to Eat by Chrissy Teigen – This cookbook is perfect for when you’re in the mood to indulge a little. With her personality shining through on every page, this fun book includes all of Chrissy’s favorite recipes from John Legend’s famous fried chicken to her mom’s Thai classics.
- Green Kitchen Smoothies by David Frenkiel and Luise Vindahl – Don’t let the title of this book fool you. Inspired by the award-winning and hugely popular blog, Green Kitchen Stories, this cookbook offers inventive and healthy smoothies, post-workout snacks, breakfast, desserts and more!
- Minimalist Baker’s Everyday Cooking by Dana Shultz – The highly-anticipated cookbook from the immensely popular food blogger of Minimalist Baker finally hit the shelves this year! The cookbook features more than 100 simple, plant-based, vegan recipes – each which requires only 10 ingredients (at most) and takes 30 minutes or less to prepare.
- N-ice Cream by Virpi Mikkonen and Tuulia Talvio – From creamy ice creams, soft serves and milkshakes to fresh sorbet, popsicles and ice cream cakes, this book has it all! Saveur award-winning Finnish author Virpi and coauthor Tuulia have developed 80 decadent and healthy non-dairy ice creams that feature whole food ingredients like berries, plant-based milks and nuts.
- Nutrition Stripped by McKel Hill MS, RD – I met fellow registered dietitian McKell Hill of the blog Nutrition Stripped in her hometown of Nashville last year at FNCE and was thrilled to see that she has published a cookbook this year! Drawing inspiration from nature, the turning of the seasons, and superfoods, McKel’s seasonal, nutrient-dense, plant-based recipes show that health can be enjoyed no matter what your dietary preference.
- The Love & Lemons Cookbook by Jeanine Donofrio – Written by one of my favorite healthy food bloggers, Jeanine Donofrio of Love & Lemons, the chapters of this cookbook are organized by ingredient to help you turn your farmers market finds into delicious meals easily. I love how Jeanine teaches readers how to build balanced meals with what’s on hand using her simple equation – start with a vegetable, choose a meal format and add supporting ingredients.
Be sure to also check out my review of the new Oh She Glows Every Day cookbook! And before you jet out to the bookstore, make sure to check out our Healthy Shopping Emergency Snack Kit to ensure you are well equipped for a busy day of holiday shopping and long lines!
OR…just order online and make some of this Healthy Holiday Chocolate Bark while you wait for the mail. 🙂