Celebrate spring break or the upcoming Easter holiday with this no-bake Meyer lemon cashew cheesecake! Meyer lemons are a citrus fruit native to China that are a cross between a lemon and either a mandarin or an orange. Due to the growing popularity of this vitamin C-rich fruit, you can generally find them in your standard supermarket. Meyer lemons look like regular lemons, but slightly smaller with a darker yellow color. This hybrid lemon is perfect for desserts because it offers plenty of lemon flavor with hints of sweetness rather than the sourness/tartness found in traditional lemons.
This dairy-free, gluten-free cheesecake can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer until ready to serve (Hint: the perfect dessert solution for your busy Easter Sunday!). The crust is packed with nutritious superfoods like almonds, pecans and coconut, and the creamy cheesecake-like texture is created by soaking cashews and blending them in a high-speed blender with coconut oil – which, while liquid at room temperature, firms up nicely in the freezer. How cute are these polka dot paper tart molds and edible spring flowers? I’m in love.
No Bake Meyer Lemon Cashew Cheesecake
vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, seed-free, sugar-free, shellfish-free, nightshade-free, bean & legume-free
Makes 3 mini or 1 large cheesecake (Serves 12)
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup pecans
- 10 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 ½ cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Meyer lemon zest
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp juice from Meyer lemons (~2 ½ small lemons)
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2-inch piece vanilla bean, inside seeds scraped out for use and pod discarded
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all crust ingredients in food processor and process until contents begins to stick together and form a ball.
- Press crust into a pie pan or small mini tart pans. Smooth out with pastry roller if needed. Place in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a high speed blender, combine cashews, agave nectar, lemon zest, lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla bean and salt.
- Blend on high until combined and smooth.
- Pour filling onto crust and smooth out using a spatula until even. Top with additional coconut flakes and lemon zest if desired.
- Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10-20 minutes before cutting.
304 calories | 26g carb | 5g protein | 21g fat | 66mg sodium | 19g sugar
Loving lemons this time of year? Try our Healthy Morning Glory Loaf with Lemon Glaze or Sunday Morning Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles.