After seeing green tea waffles on the menu of my local Waffles Cafe, I decided to attempt this tasty tea-infused recipe in my own kitchen using matcha tea. Matcha is a fine-ground green tea powder that offers nutritional benefits superior to regular green tea because you ingest the entire leaf, not just the brewed water. These Matcha Tea Waffles are dairy-free, grain-free, and loaded with antioxidants! Top them with traditional maple syrup or something a little more interesting like a lemon ginger coconut cream!
Matcha Tea Waffles
Adapted from Against All Grain
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oi
- 1 Tbsp matcha tea
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- Heat waffle iron to medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking oil.
- In a high-speed blender, combine eggs, cashews, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and matcha tea powder. Blend until smooth.
- Add salt, baking soda and coconut flour and blend again until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon 1-2 Tbsp batter into waffle iron and cook for about 1-2 minutes (may be a little more depending on the heat of your waffle iron).
- Lift the lid, remove the waffle from the iron, and set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
For more waffle ideas, check out my Lemon Poppy Seed Waffles!