You don’t have to sabotage your healthy lifestyle to celebrate with family and friends this holiday season. Stay committed to wellness and survive the holiday eating season with these healthy holiday tips featuring Naked Juice!
- Start Your Day Off Smart! One of the most common health mistakes people make around the holidays is skipping breakfast. Don’t let busy mornings of gift wrapping and holiday meal preparation get in the way of eating breakfast. Beginning the day with a healthy breakfast sets the mood for the rest of the day and will help you make health-conscious choices at lunch and dinner. Choose a balanced breakfast of protein and fiber to keep you full throughout your busy morning. Try Greek yogurt and fresh berries or a Naked Juice Protein Zone smoothie for an easy on-the-go option.
- Get Your Greens! Greens are one of the most under-consumed foods in the average person’s diet. An easy way to get your greens during the busy holiday season is to drink ‘em up! Skip the blender and enjoy a Naked Juice Green Machine smoothie for an easy way to get all the benefits of greens in one bottle.
- Don’t Skip Meals. Don’t be fooled into thinking you can save on calories by skipping meals early in the day only to load up on treats later at the cocktail party; this is neither a healthy nor effective strategy for surviving the holidays. Skipping meals will cause a drop in your blood sugar resulting in ravenous hunger and uncontrolled food choices that will get the best of you later. Enjoy a meal or snack every 3-4 hours to keep your blood sugar levels balanced and your energy levels soaring.
- Stay Hydrated! Whether you are out and about running errands all day or suffering from a holiday hangover from the night before, staying hydrated is key. Don’t let headaches, nausea and fatigue caused by dehydration slow you down this holiday season. Rely on Naked Juice Coconut Water to keep you feeling your best. Straight from Mother Nature, this tasty drink packs plenty of electrolytes typically lost with dehydration. Try coconut water with added flavors like pineapple, mango or peach for an even more refreshing experience.
- Keep Active. While it might be challenging to stick to your gym routine when you have a lengthy holiday to-do list or company in town, find creative ways to stay active. Park a healthy distance away from the shopping mall entrance to burn a few extra calories. Spend an hour sledding with the kids and burn up to 500 calories. Visit a tree farm this year and cut down your own tree. Not only will you save money, but you’ll certainly get your workout in for the day!
- Have a Travel Plan. Weather this time of year can be unpredictable causing delayed flights and missed connections. Avoid getting stranded at the airport with a growling stomach. If you are traveling around meal time, do some research online ahead of time and find out what restaurant options are available at your airport. In-flight snacks can be loaded with extra calories, fat and added sugar so be sure to pick up some healthy snacks on your way to the gate. Most airports offer convenience markets where you can grab a bag of unsalted nuts, a fresh piece of fruit or even a Naked Juice smoothie to take with you to satisfy any in-flight hunger. Finally, pack for emergencies. Pack some raw fruits and veggies, a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, or even a couple energy bars in your suitcase. You never know when you might need them!
- Say Goodbye to High Calorie Coffee Drinks. If you rely on caffeine to keep you moving this holiday season, be sure to choose your beverage wisely. Infamous drinks like a Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte can have more than 400 calories and 50g of sugar. Recreate an Eggnog Latte by spicing up your morning cup of Joe with a splash of eggnog. At only 25 calories for two tablespoons, you’ll get the holiday taste you’re looking for without the extra calories and sugar.
- Keep Smart Snacks On Hand. Let’s face it, we’re all pressed for time around the holidays and meal planning commonly goes by the wayside. Plan ahead for the chaos by keeping healthy snacks on hand. Choose snacks without added sugar, preservatives or artificial flavors. Whether you keep trail mix in the glove box, a granola bar in your purse, or some Naked Juice smoothies in your in-laws refrigerator, being prepared will help keep you energized on your busiest days.
- Avoid Getting Sick! Nothing spoils the holiday season faster than spending the days in bed inseparable from the box of tissue. Lack of sleep and stress can suppress the immune system leaving you more susceptible to becoming ill. Look to fruits and vegetables for vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to keep you feeling your best.
- Don’t Stress! Whether it’s the holiday mall crowds, the in-laws coming to visit, or the endless cocktail parties sabotaging your diet efforts, don’t let the stress of the holidays get the best of you. Turn on some holiday tunes and take a brisk walk to get out of the house. Stay organized with daily to-do lists. Aim for 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables each day and remain positive about your dietary choices.
Disclaimer: Although I did receive financial compensation for writing this post, all views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely and entirely my own and based on my own unique experiences. For more information, please visit www.nakedjuice.com.