Check out the Best Healthy Cookbooks of 2013!
Are you finished with all of your holiday shopping yet?
Get the foodie in your life one of these fabulous healthy cookbooks and check them off the list! While there are plenty of delicious healthy cookbooks published every year, these are my personal favorites (in no particular order) from 2013! You’ll be sure to find each one of these talented authors on my Christmas list this year!
- Gather, the Art of Paleo Entertaining by Bill Staley and Hayley Mason – Filled with delicious and healthy grain-free Paleo recipes, Gather is written by authors of one of my favorite blogs, The Food Lover’s Kitchen. Their cookbook offers beautiful photos and seasonal entertaining menus for all of your health-conscious guests!
- Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris – Anyone that knows me knows that I love smoothies. Author of Superfood Kitchen in 2012, Julie offers 100 more delicious, energizing and nutrient-dense recipes in her newest cookbook Superfood Smoothies. With the help of her nutrient guides and ingredient recommendations, you’ll become a pro at blending up unique creations packed with vitamins and minerals that will keep you energized throughout the holiday season!
- The Runner’s World Cookbook by Joanna Sayago Golub – During my half marathon days, I loved reading Runner’s World Magazine for ideas and inspiration. And now there’s a cookbook! The Runner’s World Cookbook offers a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free recipes to help runners eat healthy and perform their best.
- The Fresh 20 by Melissa Lanz – I absolutely love the idea of this book! Melissa Lanz, owner of the popular budget-friendly meal-planning service The Fresh 20, now has a cookbook that offers budget-friendly healthy meal plans for even the busiest cooks! Complete with grocery lists, preparation tips, and tricks for meal planning this cookbook seems like the perfect handbook to help keep you on track.
- Against All Grain by Danielle Walker – Another cookbook by an amazing blogger and self-trained chef! I love all of the Paleo-friendly grain-free recipes and photography on Danielle’s blog, Against All Grain, so if her cookbook follows suite, it’s bound to be a winner!
- The New Midwestern Table by Amy Thielen – Minnesota native and host of her Food Network series Heartland Table, Amy knows Midwestern comfort food. I can’t promise that this book is filled with “healthy” recipes per se, but when a fellow reviewer wrote that there was a recipe for the Nebraska Runza, I was sold.
- One Pan Two Plates by Carla Snyder – Author and blogger of Ravenous Kitchen, Carla Snyder focuses on delicious, gourmet cooking for two! With over 70 one skillet weeknight recipes, the book emphasizes reducing prep time and minimizing dishes – something every cook is looking for during the busy week! From newlyweds to empty nesters, this book has delicious and nourishing meals for any couple!
- The French Market Cookbook by Clotilde Dusoulier – I’m always a sucker for cookbooks by amazing bloggers, so it’s no surprise that author Clotilde of Chocolate & Zucchini is on my list! This seasonal vegetarian cookbook offers seasonal gluten-free and dairy-free recipes with a delicious French twist! Enjoy French-inspired healthy recipes straight from Clotilde’s Parisian kitchen that avoid the use of traditional French cheese, cream and pasta.
- Giada’s Feel Good Food by Giada de Laurentis – I watch a lot of Food Network – a lot. I’ve always loved Giada’s recipes and contagious passion for food. In her newest book Feel Good Food, Giada shares her personal secrets on staying trim and eating healthy with plenty of nutritious recipes and lifestyle tips!
- Art Smith’s Healthy Comfort by Art Smith – Who would have thought that award-winning chef Art Smith of Chicago’s famous restaurant Table Fifty Two (remember when he made a guest appearance at the Harvest Dinner with Alton Brown?) would write a healthy cookbook? After suffering from being overweight and faced with diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, former personal chef for Oprah has created some new recipes to fit his newly found healthy lifestyle.
- The Oh She Glows Cookbook by Angela Liddon – This cookbook is currently only available for pre-order because it won’t be on shelves until March. But I am so excited for this cookbook to be released that I simply had to mention it! Food blogger of five years, Angela Liddon posts about her struggles with an eating disorder and her adventures of being a vegan, self-taught chef and photographer. I’ve been following her blog Oh She Glows since the beginning and have never cooked a recipe of hers that I didn’t love! I am quite confident that this cookbook will make my list for 2014!
For other gift ideas to gift your fellow food blogger, check out my previous holiday gift guide. Happy Holidays!