In celebration of fall and football, I have been making my fair share of cabbage slaws in the kitchen. But nothing makes my taste buds dance like a good shaved Brussels Sprout salad.
Years ago I came across a raw Brussels Sprouts salad at a local Chicago restaurant and fell in love with the concept. With a little creativity in the kitchen, this delicious Shaved Brussels Sprouts salad with shallots and bacon was born! Pair this salad with a roasted chicken or a grilled steak to create the perfect meal for a crisp fall night.
Did I tell you this is what I’m bringing to the Chicago Food Swap this afternoon? Can’t wait to share it with everyone!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, peanut-free, sugar-free, shellfish-oil, fish-free, bean & legume-free
- 6 dozen Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 10 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup (about 0.4lb) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 10 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine Brussels sprouts, bacon, almonds and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine
- In small bowl or jar, whisk together shallots, olive oil, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, and Dijon mustard.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Add freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.