Monday night I had a lot on my plate (no pun intended) and needed a quick dinner. I had planned to make Ginger Shrimp and Chard Stir Fry over brown rice, but last minute changed my mind and used Tasty Bite Asian Kung Pao Noodles instead! This was the first time I ever bought this pre-made microwaveable pouch of fresh cooked noodles and vegetables tossed with peanuts in a Kung Pao sauce and I have to say, I was actually quite impressed! The noodles were completely vegan with plenty of delicious pronounceable ingredients including wheat noodles and a variety of veggies.
Ginger Shrimp and Chard Stir Fry
dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, seed-free, sugar-free, fish-free, bean & legume-free
- 1 package Tasty Bite Asian Kung Pao Noodles (or 1 1/2 cup cooked brown rice)
- 1/3 lb shrimp, deveined and cooked
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- In small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar and oil.
- In large skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook peppers over medium heat for 5 minutes until beginning to soften. Add Swiss chard, ginger, and 1-2 Tbsp water. Stir fry for a couple more minutes until chard is wilted.
- Stir in shrimp and sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes until everything is heated through.
- Serve over noodles or brown rice.