Yesterday was yet another crazy day of travel for work – from Tinley Park and Wrigleyville to Gold Coast and back to the South Loop. By the time I got home I was exhausted, so dinner needed to be quick. Enter Beef Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice.
Beef Stir Fry with Cauliflower Rice
gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, seed-free, sugar-free, shellfish-oil, fish-free, bean & legume-free
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 lb tri tip steak, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup or so of teriyaki sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, grated into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large skillet heat 1 Tbsp olive oil. Add onions and sauté until onions are soft. Add steak and cook until meat is cooked through.
- Add peppers, ginger and garlic. Continue cooking until peppers begin to get soft but are not losing their color.
- Add teriyaki sauce and stir to combine.
- In another large skillet heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in pan until hot. Add grated cauliflower (I just grate mine with a cheese grater, although a food processor would also work). Allow to cook for a few minutes, then stir. You want the cauliflower to brown – with part of it almost charred. The idea is to cook the water out of the cauliflower to yield a rice-like consistency.
- Top beef stir fry with fresh cilantro and serve over cauliflower rice.
I’ll be doing a more detailed post about cauliflower rice soon! But for now, I’ve got to run. Mom is in town this weekend for St. Patrick’s Day so I’m heading out to meet her downtown for a day of shopping! Don’t forget this weekend is the Good Food Festival
at the UIC Forum! This is a great opportunity to meet local farmers and food producers here in the Midwest and to learn how you can support them!