Goodbye 2012, hello 2013! Happy New Year! I hope 2012 was everything you hoped it would be and that the best is still to come in 2013. I spent my last night of 2012 in the great company of my favorite dietitians!
2012 was a terrific year – here’s a look back!
It’s amazing how much can happen in a year!
What’s your resolution for 2013? Is your New Year’s resolution one of this year’s top 10?
Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions for 2013
- Spend more time with friends and family
- Lose weight
- Improve your physical fitness
- Quit smoking
- Get out of debt
- Secure your family’s financial future
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Try something new
- Find a better job
- Have more fun
Whether you have a resolution or have yet to make one, it’s important that your goals are realistic and effective. Do you even remember what your resolution was for 2012? Four out of five people who made New Year’s resolutions today, will eventually break them and a third won’t even make it to the end of January. Here are a few helpful hints to sticking to your 2013 resolutions.
7 Strategies for Sticking to your New Year’s Resolution
- Know why you are setting a particular goal and feel truly passionate about it
- Be extremely specific about what you want to achieve
- Write it down to remind yourself
- Change your daily environment in a way that will help you achieve your goals
- Don’t make a laundry list of resolutions; focus on one major goal for yourself
- Focus on the process of success and not just the ultimate outcome
- Forgive your failures
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
source 1, source 2