Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful time ringing in the New Year last night!
My favorite part about New Year’s (other than making new resolutions), is reflecting on the previous year’s accomplishments.
What I accomplished in 2011:
- Develop a Cookbook – I’ve always wanted to write my own healthy cookbook, maybe even a Paleo one!
- Reduce, Reuse and Recycle – currently we don’t recycle at my apartment. Our building doesn’t collect recyclables, but I found out that I can drop off my recyclables at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum right in my neighborhood!
- Improve my Food Photography – With the limited light in our ground floor apartment, food photography has become much more difficult than it used to be when we had lots of natural light pouring into our old place. However, Will got me a fabulous camera tripod for Christmas and I intend to improve my food photography skills despite my light limitations!
- Become Thriftier in the Kitchen – This includes everything from growing and drying my own fresh herbs to learning how to can foods to preserve them for future meals. Sustainable cooking methods have always intrigued me!
- Complete a Triathlon – This was a resolution of mine last year that I never got around to. I hope to complete an Ironman 70.3 (otherwise known as a half-ironman) someday, so I need to start getting into triathlons sooner rather than later!
I received a lot of great gifts for Christmas this year as well. Here are a few of the new Christmas additions to my kitchen this year:
Happy New Year! I hope this one is as good, if not better, than the last!