Nothing is better to elicit the smells of the holidays than mulling spice! Add your favorite spices to warm cider, wine, or other fruit drinks and enjoy the taste of the seasons! In the spirit of the holidays, I did a “make your own mulling spice” event at work today and wanted to share with you guys how to make it!
Choose from ingredients:
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole cloves
- Anise stars
- Whole nutmeg
- Allspice berries
- Cardamom pods
- Crystallized ginger
- Dried orange or lemon peel
- Brown sugar
- Cut cheesecloth into 6-inch roundes. Layer 2 rounds together.
- Place spices in cheese cloth and tie closed with twine.
- Alternatively you can also use mesh bouquet garni spice bags.
- Place one small sachet in an individual mug, or a large sachet in a pot of cider and steep for 3-5 minutes.