So remember when I said I was going to make Soba Noodles with Thai Coconut Shrimp this week? Well, it was a total flop – edible, but not worth posting. Oh well, sometimes the food wins.
However, the Avocado Grapefruit Salad turned out fabulously! It was super easy and made a quick, delicious lunch!
Avocado Grapefruit Salad
gluten-free, grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, shellfish-oil, fish-free, nightshade-free, bean & legume-free
- 1 head Butter (or Bibb) lettuce, chopped
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup grilled chicken (I used left over rotisserie chicken)
- Sunflower seeds (optional)
Top lettuce with grapefruit, avocado, chicken, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with any dressing of your choice!
I made homemade pomegranate vinaigrette from scratch, but any dressing will do. Homemade dressings are really really easy to make if you have a well stock kitchen pantry! See recipe below for pomegranate vinaigrette.
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice (freshly juiced or store bought)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard (I used Dijon)
Whisk ingredients together and serve! Dressing keeps for up to a week in the fridge.
Off to bed, I’ve got a Bridal Expo to attend in the morning!