Today I was Christmas shopping for an unbelievable 14 hours! How can you sustain your energy levels throughout the stressful holiday season to ensure you get all the important tasks completed on time? Skip the usual candy bar, soda, or cup of coffee and add these 7 powerful energizing foods to your diet!
- Orange juice: Orange juice is high in vitamin C to boost the immune system. Drink a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice in the morning for some instant energy.
- Oatmeal: Adding this whole grain to your morning meal will increase your fiber intake and protect your heart by increasing cardiovascular health.
- Low-fat yogurt: Yogurt not only contains protein but also provides you with beneficial healthy bacteria to aid in digestion.
- Nuts: Nuts are nutrient dense and easy for on-the-go. Add almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds to your diet for extra iron and protein. Protein aids in building muscle while iron helps produce red blood cells to carry blood and oxygen to muscles.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are high in iron and vitamin C and E which prevent cell damage and enhance mucles recovery.
- Beans & Lentils: Beans and lentil are full of protein and fiber. Create your own lentil soup for lunch or dinner for a quick energy boost.
- Blueberries: These little berries contain powerful antioxidants that destroy free radicals in the body before they cause damage to healthy cells. Add a few to your morning cereal or to a smoothie for a great afternoon pick-me-up.