How your skin looks on the outside is a reflection of what you put inside your body. The foods you eat can actually increase skin health and enhance the appearance of your skin. However, you have to choose the right foods. Therefore, Eat Chic has composed a list of foods for healthier and better looking skin! Try to incorporate any of these nutritious foods into your daily diet and see if you notice a difference in how your skin glows!
- Avocado: avocados contain a unique blend of essential oils and B vitamins. One in particular, vitamin B3 (niacin) has anti-inflammatory characteristics which help soothe irritated skin and decrease skin redness. The oils in avocados are what make them a well-known ingredient in facial masks because they help rid of dry skin.
- Flaxseed: foods high in omega-3 fatty acids like flaxseed hyrdate the skin and help to unclog pores. Try salmon, walnuts, or even chia seeds for other sources of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Mangoes: mangoes are a good source of vitamin A (July’s Vitamin of the Month!). Vitamin A helps to maintain skin cells and repair them should they be damaged from free radicals such as ultraviolet rays from the sun.
- Berries: berries such as blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries all contain high amounts of antioxidants which protect skin against sun damage and skin cancer by fighting off free radials that may damage the skin.
- Almonds: almonds are an excellent source of vitamin E which protects skin from premature aging. Almonds also contain natural oils that moisturize the skin.
What should you drink for healthy skin? Green tea has natural anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the risk of skin cancer. Water is also important to maintaining natural glowing skin. Keeping yourself well hydrated will prevent dry skin and also flush out any harmful toxins in the body.
Add these foods to your diet and let your natural beauty shine through!